Tuesday, July 25, 2017

André Hajdu's interview english 49

I: How do you see Roger? Like an artist, a musician, or someone else?

A: We'll get there. Those kinds of questions, I do not answer. How do I see myself, are you practicing? I do my best not to have to answer these questions.
What is certain is that the connection I have with Roger revolves around art, since I make art and make it as well.
Dadou Nahmias, recently deceased, was a close friend of Roger and I. Miki Erdely was also a close friend. Roger probably mentioned it.
Miki was very close to me. However, our relationship was not based on artistic principles. Miki's art was different. When I say it was different, I do not mean it was more or less important than mine. His direction was different. We do not know what he was talking about.
As for Roger, Ruth and I know all his life, and he knows all my life.
Ruth also mentioned Hedi Tarjàn. She was painting with Roger. He knew her well. Hedi had a very strong relationship with art. We can say that she knew the "religion" of art. She also had directions and affinities that were not mine.
In every place where art can be found, we feel that art is linked with the life of the artist. And each one is different from the other. On the one hand, there is a total separation between the each one’s arts. On the other hand, the personal foundation is very strong, and the artists are linked to each other.
When I arrived in Israel, I did not try to escape. I wanted to discover a new country, with its population, its ideological, sociological criteria ... I could have worked as a professor at the University, to know and master this system. But if I had been so, I would not be friends with Roger, who changes his mood every two or three minutes, I would have sought to be friends only with professors.

This foundation is very important. We make friends, because we must not behave like an autistic, we build a family, we meet people, but we appreciate them with the heart, instinct.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home